Celestial Tournament Round 2 – Celestial Pets
“You shall face off against the true visages of wisdom, strength, fortitude, and hope – the children of the Celestials themselves! Be warned, they have power and abilities the likes of which have not been seen for generations.”
This guide will be about the 4 Celestial Pets: Xu-Fu, Chi-Chi, Yu’la and Zao, which become available after you have defeated the week’s 3 trainers. All my guides will be based around the strategy for these last 4, preventing there being overlapping defeated pets from other opponents. However, a few pets that need to survive in order to win a battle I may re-use.
To view my other guides on the previous opponents in the tournament:
- Wrathion, Chen Stormstout & Taran Zhu
- Lorewalker Cho, Dr. Ion Goldbloom & Sully “The Pickle” McLeary (under construction)
- Blingtron 4000, Wise Mari & Shademaster Kiryn (under construction)
List of pets used:
- Clockwork Gnome*
- Shine Fly (or anything with Swarm, Flock or similar ability)
- Skywisp Moth* (For Call Lightning ability, other options include Thundering Serpent Hatchling, Sunreaver Micro-Sentry, Wild Jade and Wild Golden Hatchlings, and others)
- Unborn Val’kyr (or Ghostly Skull for Unholy Ascension)
- Nether Faerie Dragon (or Sprite Darter Hatchling)
- Nordrassil Wisp
- Clock’em* (or Bonkers)
- Mei Li Sparkler (substitutable with anything that has Glowing Toxin and Cocoon Strike)
- Effervescent Glowfly (substitutable with anything that has Glowing Toxin and Cocoon Strike)
- Szechuan Chicken (substitutable with anything that has Flock)
If you make a mistake or need to heal pets that survived a previous battle, Chi-Chi, Zao and Yu’la all do a non hostile move for their first turn, so they are ideal to use to heal up.
To view a video guide of this strategy, scroll down to the bottom.
Switch to Skywisp Moth. Use Call Lightning.
Switch to Shrine Fly. Use Swarm (continues for 3 rounds). Continue to use Swarm to apply the debuff and the lightning will do the rest. If Shrine Fly dies before Xu-Fu does, bring out Skywisp moth again and use Call Lightning; the debuff from Swarm should make it do massive damage.
Using the strategy your Clockwork Gnome and Skywisp Moth should both survive, allowing you to use them for Zao.
Start with Unborn Val’kyr (Ghostly Skull could also work with this strategy with Unholy Ascension).
Start with Shadow Shock, Curse of Doom, Shadow Shock again which will miss (as Chi-Chi will use Ethereal here), Shadow Shock (unless you’re in danger of dying), then Unholy Ascension. You should die on the same round you use Unholy Ascension, but due to your undead trait, you get a free go! Use Shadow Shock, and then Val’kyr will die.
The two flies are basically just backups here.
This strategy uses similar pets to Xu-Fu, so you may need to heal them before engaging Zao (one of the crickets, such as Marsh Fiddler works well for this). Alternatively, you can use Wild Jade Hatchling or Wild Golden Hatchling instead.
Start with Clockwork Gnome, Build Turret.
Switch to Skywisp Moth, Call Lightning.
Switch to Szechuan Chicken, use Flock (continues for 3 rounds and applies debuff). At around half health Zao will start casting Wish, but that’s ok because you have all your buffs/debuffs set up. Continue to use Flock until your chicken dies. Bring out Skywisp moth again if Zao is still alive, and use Call Lightning. Zao should be defeated.
“Hurrah for our new champions! You have shown your own inner strength, and it is reflected in those you have raised. They are lucky to have such a strong leader. May the lessons of the Celestials light your way in the most trying of times.”